This past weekend I was going to visit my Mother and Sister to teach them how to make Pizzelles but I had an idea that I wanted to try out on my Sister. A couple of years ago I had made a recipe I’d found on Pillsbury.com, Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies (which were unbelievably delicious) but my Sister doesn’t like peanut butter (hard to believe, I know), so I adapted the recipe to make this easy peasy recipe. The peanut butter is replaced with Biscoff spread.
If you haven’t heard about Biscoff spread yet, there have been many recipes incorporating this delicious spread on many, many food blogs. The spread is made from Biscoff cookies which are a cinnamon flavored crisp cooked and are delicious in their own right. If you can’t find the spread in your local grocery store, you can find them on the internet. I found the spread at my local ShopRite grocery store.
Hot out of the oven, these are just soft, chocolaty, rich and sweet. Just look at what heaven must be like.
And now, the finished product with frosting.
Yield: 24 Cookies Cook Time: 10 – 14 minutes
- 1 (20 oz.) box Ghirardelli Brownie Mix or your favorite brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 oz. cream cheese (from 8-oz. pkg.), softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1/2 (16-oz.) can chocolate fudge ready-to-spread frosting; choose your favorite
- Heat oven to 350° degrees. In a medium bowl, beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg about 50 strokes with spoon until well blended (dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (or divide into 24 cookies) 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (or leave ungreased) to make 24 cookies; smooth edge of each to form round cookie.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and Biscoff Spread with spoon until mixture forms a ball. Flatten cookies slightly. With hands, roll rounded teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into 24 balls. Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of dough.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 10 – 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets. Spread thin layer of frosting over Biscoff filling portion of each cooled cookie.
Recipe adapted from www.pillsbury.com.